Interview with John Berry, Jr., October 27, 1988
Part of Kentucky Legislature Oral History Project
- Interview with John Berry, Jr., October 27, 1988
- David Breaux; interviewer. John Berry, Jr.; interviewee.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date digitized:
- Berry (Senate 1974-1980, 26th district; Democrat) discusses his time in the Kentucky legislature highlighting his work under Governor John Brown. Interview further discusses the role of the legislative and executive branches and how the "Black Sheep Squadron" balanced the powers between these two branches in the late 1970s. Part 1 of 3.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Legislators -- Kentucky -- Interviews., Kentucky. General Assembly -- Reform., Kentucky. Executive branch., Kentucky. Governor (1971-1974 : Ford), Kentucky. Governor (1979-1983 : Brown), Ford, Wendell, Carroll, Julian, Black Sheep Squadron, Brown, John Y. Jr., Rules Committee, role of legislators, role of governors, interim committees, Legislative Research Commission (LRC), elections, Term/District: Senate (1974-1980), 26th district, Leadership Position(s):Senate Majority Floor Leader, 1980, Counties in District: Oldham County (Ky.) -- Henry County (Ky.) -- Jefferson County (Ky.) -- Gallatin County (Ky.) -- Trimble County (Ky.) -- Carroll County (Ky.) -- Owen County (Ky.) -- Grant County (Ky.) -- Pendleton County (Ky.) -- Bracken County (Ky.)
- Kentucky Legislature Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.