Processed by: Archives Staff; machine-readable finding aid created by:Eric Weig
Davis (Brinton B.) (1862-1952) papers and photographs
ca. early 20th century
University of Louisville Margaret M. Bridwell Art LibraryLouisville, Kentucky 40292
Open to researchers
[Identification of item], Brinton B. Davis (1862-1952) papers and photographs, ca. early 20th century, Margaret M. Bridwell Art Library, University of Louisville, Louisville.
0.5 linear ft.
Brinton B. Davis was an architect who practiced in Kentucky, Illinois, Georgia, Mississippi, and Tennessee. His buildings include the Jefferson County Armory and the Audubon Club in Louisville. The collection includes photographs of the architect's works, copies of expense accounts, biographical information, and copies of an address delivered at the Kentucky chapter of the American Institute of Architects in 1937. Original prints of photographs by Louisville photographer Henry Hesse document Davis' architectural sketches and buildings. Among the buildings represented are the Jefferson County, Kentucky, courthouse; Western Kentucky University in Bowling Green, Kentucky; the Watterson Hotel in Louisville; and the Parkland branch of the Louisville Free Public Library.
Hosted by the University of Kentucky
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org