Interview with Carolyn L. Kenton, October 4, 1991
Part of Kentucky Legislature Oral History Project
- Interview with Carolyn L. Kenton, October 4, 1991
- Carolyn L. Kenton; interviewee. Judy K. Bowen; interviewer.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Kenton (House 1982-1984, 75th district; Democrat) discusses her husband Bill Kenton's contributions as a legislator, highlighting his involvement in legislative reform. She concludes the interview with her perceptions of various Kentucky governors, and her own sponsorship of legislation. Part 2 of 2.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Legislators -- Kentucky -- Interviews., Women legislators -- Kentucky -- Interviews., Property -- Kentucky., Elections -- Law and legislation -- Kentucky., Kentucky. General Assembly -- Reform., Kenton, William G., Kentucky. Governor (1974-1979 : Carroll), Kentucky. Governor (1979-1983 : Brown), Kentucky. Governor (1983-1987 : Collins), Lexington (Ky.), Kennedy, John F., University of Kentucky, Chandler, A.B. (Happy), Nunn, Louie B., Carroll, Julian, Brown, John Y. Jr., Collins, Martha Layne, Kenton, Bill (Boom Boom), term limits, interim committees, retirement, property taxes, Key Legislation: legislative retirement plan, property assessment (HB 565, 1982), HB 682 (legislative redistricting), Term/District: House (1982-1984), 75th district, Counties in District: Fayette County (Ky.)
- Kentucky Legislature Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.