Processed by: Processed by; machine-readable finding aid created by:Encoded by
Rabbi Martin M. Perley Papers
The Filson Historical Society Special Collections Louisville, Kentucky 40208 USA
Conditions Governing Access note
Open to researchers.
Preferred Citation Note
[Identification of item], Rabbi Martin M. Perley Papers, 1968-1977, Special Collections, The Filson Historical Society, Louisville.
1 cu. ft.
Scope and Content
Martin Perley served as executive director of the Louisville and Jefferson County Human Relations Commission from March 1968 to April 1977. The papers of Martin Perley include Human Relations Commission meeting minutes; directors reports; annual reports; speeches; affirmative action material; hate mail; biographical sketches; and newspaper clippings. Topics discussed include racism; anti-Semitism; race relations; affirmative action; womens rights; handicapped employment; civil rights; housing conditions, availability, and discrimination; police-citizen relations; school desegregation during the 1970's in Louisville (Ky.); transportation in Louisville; and African-American voter registration in Louisville and Jefferson County. Card file in repository
- Carroll, Julian Morton, 1931-
- Cowger, William O.
- Hodge, W.J.
- Hollenbach, Louis J. III.
- Horrigan, Alfred F.
- King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968.
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-
- Robinson, Eugene.
- Schmied, Kenneth A., 1911-1973.
- Sloan, Harvey I., 1920-
- Tucker, C. Ewbank, 1896-1976.
- Tydings, J. Mansir, 1905-1974.
- Black Workers Coalition (Louisville, Ky.)
- Christian Posse Comitatus of Jefferson County (Ky.)
- Ford Motor Company.
- Ku Klux Klan.
- Louisville and Jefferson County Human Relations Commission (Louisville, Ky.)
- National Socialist Liberation Front.
- River Road Country Club (Louisville, Ky.)
- United Auto Workers Union Local 852.
- United States.-- Congress.-- Senate.
- Abortion-- Louisville (Ky.)
- Affirmative Action programs-- Louisville (Ky.)
- Anti-Semitism-- Louisville (Ky.)
- Capital punishment-- Louisville (Ky.)
- Civil rights-- Louisville (Ky.)
- Education-- Louisville (Ky.)
- Grocers-- Louisville (Ky.)
- Handicapped-- Employment.
- Housing-- Law and Legislation-- Kentucky-- Louisville.
- Human rights-- Louisville (Ky.)
- Police-- Louisville (Ky.)
- Racism-- Louisville (Ky.)
- School Integration.
- Students, Black-- Louisville (Ky.)
- Transportation-- Louisville (Ky.)
- Violence-- Louisville (Ky.)
- Voting-- Louisville (Ky.)
- Womens rights-- Louisville (Ky.)
- Louisville (Ky.)-- History.
- Louisville (Ky.)-- Race relations.