trans69Guide to the Physical Plant and Security Records, 1933-1981Processed by: staff; machine-readable finding aid created by:Bonnie CoxSpecial CollectionsJ. Douglas Gay Jr./Frances Carrick Thomas Library Transylvania University Lexington, Kentucky 40508 USAPhone: (859) 233-8225 Email: email@example.comURL: http://www.transy.edu/ Copyright 2000 Transylvania University Libraries. All Rights Reserved.Machine-readable finding aid derived from DbaseDate of source: n.d.Description is in English.Guide to the Physical Plant and Security Records, 1933-1981Contact InformationSpecial CollectionsJ. Douglas Gay Jr./Frances Carrick Thomas Library Transylvania University Lexington, Kentucky40508 USAPhone: (859) 233-8225Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgURL: http://www.transy.edu/Processed by: StaffEncoded by: Bonnie Cox Copyright 2000 Transylvania University. All Rights Reserved.Physical Plant and Security Records,1933-1981TUA 17Transylvania University1.5 cubic ft.No online items. Must visit contributing institution.Transylvania University Special CollectionsLexington, Kentucky 40508 USAOpen to researchers. Copyright has not been assigned to Transylvania University.[Identification of item], Physical Plant and Security Records, 1933-1981, TUA 17,Special Collections, Transylvania University, Lexington.Shryock, Gideon, 1802-1880Old Morrison (Transylvania University).Transylvania University -- Buildings.Transylvania University -- Security measures.Historic buildings -- Kentucky -- Lexington.Universities and colleges -- Kentucky --Lexington -- Buildings.Universities and colleges -- Kentucky --Lexington -- Buildings -- PhotographsUniversities and colleges -- Kentucky --Lexington -- Security measures.Blueprints.PhotographsMaterials include fragmentary correspondence relating to the Transylvania University physical plant and campus security, along with miscellaneous newsclippings, printed materials, and photographs relating to university buildings. Correspondence consists predominantly of 1970-1980 administrative memoranda from the Office of the Director of the Physical Plant. Newsclippings, dedication program materials, and student histories relating to Transylvania's "Old Morrison" Hall are also present. Morrison Hall, originally known as Morrison College, was designed by noted Kentucky architect Gideon Shryock and dedicated in 1833. Named a National Historic Landmark in 1966, the structure was gutted by fire in 1969 but was restored and re-dedicated in 1971. Unpublished catalog of holdings. Variant title: Transylvania University. Administration. Physical Plant and Security.