Processed by: staff; machine-readable finding aid created by:Bonnie Cox
Physical Plant and Security Records
Transylvania University Special CollectionsLexington, Kentucky 40508 USA
Open to researchers.
[Identification of item], Physical Plant and Security Records, 1933-1981, TUA 17,Special Collections, Transylvania University, Lexington.
1.5 cubic ft.
Materials include fragmentary correspondence relating to the Transylvania University physical plant and campus security, along with miscellaneous newsclippings, printed materials, and photographs relating to university buildings. Correspondence consists predominantly of 1970-1980 administrative memoranda from the Office of the Director of the Physical Plant. Newsclippings, dedication program materials, and student histories relating to Transylvania's "Old Morrison" Hall are also present. Morrison Hall, originally known as Morrison College, was designed by noted Kentucky architect Gideon Shryock and dedicated in 1833. Named a National Historic Landmark in 1966, the structure was gutted by fire in 1969 but was restored and re-dedicated in 1971. Unpublished catalog of holdings. Variant title: Transylvania University. Administration. Physical Plant and Security.
Hosted by the University of Kentucky
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org